2017 was a ‘bumper’ year for travel and media. Overall I gave approximately 300 media interviews and took over 50 flights.
• Travelled to Israel where I attended workshops, conferences and had meetings with various individuals including one-on-one with The Clarion Project.
• Was invited for a one-hour interview on the Mark Steyn show in Vermont
• Spoke at the Manning conference in Ottawa
• Attended CWFF(Censored Women’s Film Festival) in Brooklyn on International Women’s Day
• Arranged a multi-faith panel for Limmud, Toronto
• Attended CWFF at the UN in New York
• Arranged and attended an MFT Reformist summit in Toronto
• Started classes at Ryerson University to teach an 8-part series titled “Women in Islam”
• Attended a screening of Faithkeepers in Ottawa
• Attended an interfaith event in Boston hosted by a Church and gave a talk to the local community
• Attended and spoke at a Teachers conference in Winnipeg
• Spoke at DePaul University, Chicago
• Spoke at an event in Montreal hosted by Canadians for Co-existence
• Attended an event in Hamilton called Vital Voices
• Spoke at the Albany Jewish Federation in Albany
• Spoke at an event hosted by Speakers Action Group
• Did a speaking gig in Minneapolis
• Went to UNHRC in Geneva
• Gave testimony at the US Congress on Homegrown Terrorism. My recommendation included banning The Muslim Brotherhood.
• Spoke at a youth event in Las Vegas
• Speaking events in Aspen and Denver
• Speaker on M103 at the C3RF conference in Toronto
• Went to UNHRC in Geneva
• Speaker in Winnipeg at the Centre for Study of Anti-semitism
• Speaker at the Niagara Business Women’s Conference
• Speaker at UJA event in Toronto
• Had a remarkable meeting with past President of USA Mr. George Bush
• Speaker at the Humanist Association of London, Ontario
• Started teaching 8-week course at Ryerson on Islam and Islamism
• Speaker at Beth Tikvah Synagogue
• Hosted an event at the Sufi Mosque for Holocaust Education week
• Started a TV program called MuslimSense
• Attended CWFF at USC, Los Angeles
• Attended two sessions at Parliament in London addressing members of House of Commons and House of Lords on the impact of sharia councils in UK under the patronage of Baroness Caroline Cox.
• Got accredited with Women’s Voices Now for UN, New York
• Received a 150th anniversary commemorative medal from The Senate of Canada for ‘exceptional contributions to Canada’.
Finally exhaustion set in and I developed a bad bout of influenza as the immune system broke down – I wonder why?
2018 is another year of unknown adventures
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL